Thursday, February 7, 2013

Toasted toast is toasted.

MONDAY [misunderstood]
     I am as misunderstood as a squirrel doing scientific research under the deep blue sea. I do not wish to harm you. I do not wish to make you mad. I want you to see me & think "Thank you, Monday. You are my fresh start." This doesn't happen, of course. Everyone just wants to get rid of me. I'm that kid in the back of your class that gets picked on & everyone hates. I have feelings too. You may not realize it, but just like that quiet kid, I made a difference in your life in some way. I have had people celebrate their birthday's with me, mourn a death of a significant other, family memeber, someone important, there are amazing memories created with me, sad memories you wish to forget, the best days of your life can happen when I'm around too. You don't notice I am always there for you. You always want me to go away. One thing you should know, if it isn't obvious enough, I will always be there to greet the sun that shines through your window & lets you wake up & live another day.


TUESDAY [nonchalant]
     Hey, I'm just here, you know? You need me to get over Monday. I can be your little therapy day. Still not what you want, but I'm here for you. You have to get through me. Think of me as your fridge; I am always there to brighten up your day, I can make you happy because you received what you wanted or disappointed because nothing went as plan, but I am always there for you. That reliable friend you don't talk to unless you have a problem. . .yeah that's me. I do not mind, it's ehh.


WEDNESDAY [ignored]
     You know who I am, I know who you are. We know we're here, sense it all the time. We do not acknowledge each other. I do not know why. All you care about is that it's the middle of the week & you want your break. By the time you get to me, you're slacking off, not caring. All of you are the same, not caring about how that makes me feel. Being ignored all the time. . .You don't know what I go through to ensure that all of you are happy. Not one "Thank you", nothing. You just pass by me like you pass by roadkill.


THURSDAY [troll]
     Haha, you want it to be Friday already. Well guess what? It isn't & you have to deal with me for 24 hours. Tick. . .Tock. . .Tick. . .Tock, time will go slow. You will get lazier today. I will be here, laughing at you, how you want me to go away already. Don't worry, make the best of it & maybe, just maybe, I'll be nice to you & have time go back to normal. Keyword here is "Maybe". Haha, this is fun, having you sit in class, watching the clock, waiting for the final bell to ring. Enjoy your day!


FRIDAY [conceited]
     YEAH! I'm finally here! I can make everyone happy just by having someone say my name! Everyone wants me here, you all need me here in order to be happy At this point, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday are out of sight & out of mind. All you're thinking about is how much you waited for me to come. All you do with me is chill, lay back & relax. All the worries are gone & you're either preparing yourself for a good weekend or adding hours to your interweb time. All the plans are made for me, by me, with me, you love me, you need me.


SATURDAY [chill]
     You make plans with me, you have the whole day to yourself. You can sleep over for as long as you want, stay up as late as you want, & visit the interwebs as long as you want. You can have fun with me if you choose to. I will fun with anyone, anytime. I make you smile & hopefully you create wonderful memories with me. You love me & I love you, we're those friends who can't wait to see each other.


SUNDAY [indifferent] 
     You all detest me almost as much as Monday. I end your "fun", "ruin" your weekend. You do not like the sight of my name, you wish I would just go away. I do not care. You have to live through me, just like you live through everyone else. I can bring you down in less than a second by reminding you you have homework, having to go to bed early, setting your alarm for early morning, & having to go live through everything all over again. Hope you enjoyed the show, one man play starring you.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment